Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Happy Wife is a Happy Life!

Well, since last time, we've all been through one sickness or another! I think we are mostly well now, except for little Sophia who was diagnosed with her first ear infection on Oct. 30th. She had been battling the head cold & congestion for about a week, so I was able to get her seen right away. However, the comical part was that Nana had her that particular day & had her dressed up in her Halloween costume (ballerina) to show her off to all the ladies at Dr. Bennett's office! Well, since the pediatrician is right around the corner, we opted to just send her in there decked out in her ballerina outfit. According to Nana, the pediatrician's office had a fit over this chubby little ballerina! Thankfully, we had been doing all the right things for Sophia at home, but Dr. Simon prescribed a simple antibiotic for her ear infection. She's been doing well with it & claps after she takes it all down!



Last night we attended Heather & Gregg's engagement party... it was beautiful! Wine, candles & yummy hors d'ouerves were the setting...oh, & our great friends too! We all filled out enclosure cards that read "Words of Wisdom" for Heather & Gregg to read & heed! So, always having to be the silly & light-hearted ones, Rod & I chose to write, "A happy wife is a happy life!"...the couple then chose to read some cards aloud, & guess who's was the grande finale....ours! Everyone erupted with laughter, but then everyone agreed that, "that is the truth!". I couldn't agree more! So, with Rod & I off to the party last night, Sophia experience a 'new' treat...a "real" babysitter! Wonderful Brianna McClure came over & Sophia immediately took to her (thank goodness!). Sophia went right into 'tour guide' mode & took Brianna by the hand to all her favorite places around the house...what a hoot! Brianna is such a sweet girl, that I never doubted the two would become instant friends. All went well, & we came home to find every parents dream...a sound-asleep-baby, & a babysitter sitting on the couch diligently doing her homework! Needless to say, we found our new golden babysitter...THANK YOU BRIANNA!!



Earlier in the day, I had to go into work for SH&G's Christmas Open House...I had a great time personalizing ornaments for the Coton Colors line & visiting with customers. However, I could certainly do without the bossy old ladies!! They are always good for a laugh, but only after they are out the front door! Rod & Sophia came to visit me for lunch & we had a great time. Sophia was happily 'visiting' with all kinds of people..."Little Miss Friendly" at your service! Rod fared well with her & even managed to get some housecleaning done before I got home (ah, what were those words of wisdom again? "A happy wife is a happy life"!). However, when the day/evening was all said & done, we were pooped.

We are also upset about the time change...Sophia woke up at 6am this morning, but because of the time change, it was really 5am....ugh. But it's now going on 8am & we all have had breakfast, but I could sure use a good jolt in the form of a peppermint mocha from Starbucks! I'm going to need it since I'm headed back to the store today for more Christmas Open House & then on to a friends at-home Usborne book show - yay! I also have to get back to finishing up several Christmas orders I have for Lollipop Designs. I'll be adding photos of that to my Lollipop blog later...

I'll blog again about the new tradition we have going with the Brown's & Bennett's on Halloween...this year it was a circus! Unfortunately, I must wrap this up & blog about that episode later...let's just say we had a super-hero, an army man, a piggy, Elvis & a ballerina all running around chasing each other & screaming....ahh, the joys of sugar highs & Halloween!

No comments: