Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy 1 Month Camilla!

Can you believe that sweet baby Camilla is already 1 month old? I'm freaking out at how quickly the second baby seems to grow up - this is not okay with the mommy. Sigh, if I could freeze time, I would. Probably a long time ago, somewhere in college, because that was a pretty rockin' good time, but watching my two girls grow like weeds no doubt scares the hell out of me - I want them to stay the sweet babies they are! However, even I have to remember in the words of Robert Browning (& probably my favorite quote ever):

"The best is yet to be..."



waking up !

look at those blue-gray eyes!

love her little smile...

So, with that said it's time to update on Camilla! Here's how she stacked up from the get-go:

  • Birth: 5lbs 7oz / 19.5" long
  • Leaving Hospital: 5lbs 1/2oz
  • 1 week weight check: 5lbs 90z
  • 2 week check up: 5lbs 14oz
  • 1 month check up: 6lbs 10z! / 20 3/4" long

I am so proud of Camilla's progress....now, she is still very tiny (like a doll), but she is growing great according to the pediatrician. She is our tall & skinny girl for sure! What's humorous is that at 1 month old, Camilla weighs pretty much as Sophia did at birth (6lbs 90z)! Both were born 19.5" long, but Sophia was 1lb 20z heavier...and even at 6lbs 9oz, she was considered tiny! Sophia no doubt grew up healthy and strong, so we know Camilla will too.

Camilla is such a good little eater...I nursed her for about 3wks (whew!) and now she is strictly on formula. Just like Sophia, she was able to go from breast to bottle with no trouble...and takes pacifiers just fine. I always think of those poor mothers who cannot get their babies to switch to a bottle or formula after nursing them. Thank GOD my girls gave me no trouble. Camilla is happy to eat every 3-4hrs and drinks in a hefty (haha) 2.5oz per feeding. She's hilarious as sometimes she'll go into what I call a "milk coma" afterwards! Her eyes just slam shut and she is out cold...sometimes complete with baby snoring. Priceless!


Proud big sister feeding Camilla


She's busy moving her body around and discovering her hands, fingers, and legs. My favorite is that she is becoming more alert and knows my voice no matter where I am in the room. Just yesterday, my mom had just returned from out of town and was holding Camilla to get in some missed snuggles. She started to fuss and we thought it was because she was tired. Mom (Nana) handed her off to me and I started to just talk to her and immediately, Camilla calmed and was content. Gotta love that as a mommy! My very favorite is that she is learning to find her voice - she has the sweetest coo's and squeaks. We spend time everyday "talking" to each other and it's fun to watch her expressions as we go. She continues to be such a calm and easy baby. For the most part, she's sleeping some great stretches at night (11pm to 5am or 6am). Sometimes she will wake up for a little mid-night snack...can't blame her. So does her Daddy. Except he's messier. And I still have to clean up after the both of them. Ha.

Sophia continues to love & dote on Camilla...always wanting to kiss/hug her first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. She adores reading stories to her before naptime and bedtime, or just sitting with her to keep her company. It has been so fun for me to watch this sweet and pure relationship blossom between the two. What's wonderful as a mom is that you are blessed with a child to love and nurture....and now I have two. I questioned whether or not I was going to be capable of loving Camilla, a second child, as much as I did Sophia, my firstborn. It really is amazing at how much love our hearts are truly capable of holding or projecting. What's even better, is watching your first child overflow with love towards your second. Well, I'll enjoy it until the day they fight over toys, clothes or boys. Until then, it's pure love!

And furthermore, "the best is yet to be"!

Sweet sisters snuggling!

Sophia loves reading to Camilla in the morning

Telling secrets already?

Camilla is growing so fast, she won't fit much longer!

No comments: