Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm a BIG girl now!

Sophia's new BIG girl bed & room

We finally got Sophia her very own BIG girl bed last week and Daddy & Papa picked it up today! We decided that Sophia was indeed ready to graduate from her little toddler bed (that had been filling up with all her stuffed animals and babies, leaving no room for HER) into a big girl twin-sized bed. Luckily, Nana & Papa kept my old white wrought iron headboard that I used as a little girl (& loved!!), so we were able to buy a new mattress set. It sure is comfy! We kept the pink/green colors by choosing a Shabby Chic quilt set for her room - complete with pink sheets. Sophia is sooo jazzed about her new bed and bedding - Mommy & Daddy are too! We even re-arranged her room to accommodate the new addition, which was a nice refreshing change.

We thought that not only was she ready for this new change, but deserved it now more than ever in light of all the big changes that accompany a new baby sibling soon. Sophia is very excited about Camilla's arrival, but we wanted to give her something that was super exciting in her little world - plus I'm convinced that she'll have a deeper more restful sleep. Can't wait to hear from her at breakfast in the morning!

I'm now at 36wks with Camilla and will go in for my next weekly visit this upcoming Monday (37wks). I'm hanging in there, but the weight that I carry is strictly up-front, so makes walking awkward and my back killer by days end. I'm still making daily trips to the gym and doing at least 30mins of cardio on the elliptical + weights (go me!). I feel so much better post-workout, but it's truly the hardest part to get there. Now that I've made it back into a 'routine', it's much easier. Whew.

I'm extremely busy at work doing lots of shell ads and other design work so that when I'm on maternity leave, the details can be plugged in and submitted. It's a LOT of work now, but it will pay off when I can be at home snuggling my new baby girl and not even thinking about work - I'll actually get to enjoy the holidays this year - HOORAY!


No comments: