Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mama's Been A Busy Bee!

First of all, I got crafty by giving our blog a facelift and I ADORE it, do you? Another friend of mine used the site shabbyblogs.com and so I went to the site and found this background that I love. I even was proud of myself for taking the matching header template and making it "our own"!
Once I've been bitten by the craft/painting bug, I can kiss my spare time goodbye! A few weekends ago, I went with my mom (Nana) to search for some cute lavender fabric to replace the current liners in both the nested set of baskets I bought at CVS ($9.99 for a nested set of 3!) and Camilla's wicker hamper ($14.99 at World Market!). Both nested baskets and hamper were originally a different color, but my dad (Papa) spray painted them both white and Nana offered to take the current liners and use them as patterns to make new ones! I'm SO thankful my parents are the DIY type...I've learned SO much from them! Mom and I went to JoAnn's to check out their fabrics as they had some baby prints on sale for $2.99/yd and luckily, we found an adorable lavender fabric with sweet white polka dots on them - perfect for our project. We had fun spending some mother/daughter time together that morning while Rod held down the fort at home (thanks!). While at JoAnn's, I found some cute wooden peg frames for $1.99 each and then some wooden flower hangers (with sheer pink ribbon attached) for $1.00 each. I decided I was going to get 2 frames and a few of the flower hangers....here's what I did:









With a little lavender & white paint I transformed plain jane wood items into perfect accessories to Camilla's closet (hooray for organization!) and a little frame to one day put countless "sisterly" photos of the girls in. The 2nd frame I bought, I'll do in Sophia's room colors (pink, green,white) and write "Sisters" on also. Sophia loved this idea!

Next, I pulled out one of my blank canvases to paint Camilla's name door hanger, just like big sister Sophia has! I have yet to attach the lavender ribbon and hang on Camilla's door, but at least the painting is done!

Now, we have almost everything in Camilla's room, minus Camilla herself! I'm just enamored with her nursery and am counting down the days until her arrival!




Both Camilla & I are doing great - we're coming up on 35wks (this Monday!) and she's a growing girl. According to our weekly babycenter.com email, at 34wks Camilla is:

  • nearly 4 3/4 pounds (think an average cantaloupe)
  • stretches nearly 18" long!
  • she's gaining fat on her body to help regulate her temp after she's born
  • skin is beginning to smooth out & not look "wrinkly"
  • both nervous system and lungs are continuing to mature (if she were to be born now, she'd have a great chance of surviving just fine outside the womb)

Per Dr. Duggar this last week at our appt, he talked to me about induction dates (at this point Camilla appears to no longer be breach and has a healthy heartbeat), so Dr. Duggar told me he doesn't want me carrying her until Oct. 25th - amen to THAT! The heat here has been beyond brutal and I'm pretty 'over' being preggers at this point - just anxious to meet my sweet baby. I'm easily fatigued by days end, feet & hands have slight swelling and I waddle big time! However, to beat the fatigue, I've managed to get back to my gym that I adore and workout almost everyday...30mins on the elliptical, plus lunges, plus freeweights help me feel rejuventated and make me feel like a fit pregnant mama! Everytime I go, I get lots of compliments on how great I look and lots of words of encouragement...they go a LONG ways when you are 4wks from your due date!!

We go in for another visit at 36wks, and they'll do an exam to determine if I'm dilating yet and to see just what Camilla's positioning is....we're on the homestretch now!

No comments: