Thursday, July 21, 2011

90 to Nothin'...

...and no signs of slowing down anytime soon!  The whirlwind indeed continues for this workin' mama since my last post.  The last week brought my usual July trip to market in Atlanta, where I buy many of store's goodies for the next spring season (yes, Spring 2012!).  While at market, I'm trapped inside 3 buildings, each of them about 18-20 floors chalked FULL of product.  Luckily, after 6yrs of buying, I've learned how to navigate the whole circus (trust me, it can be a circus!) without too much stress. 

That's a whole lotta shopping to do...
and that's just ONE building!
(America'sMart Atlanta, Bldg 1)

However, it still  means that Mommy is away and that alone can stab you in the heart.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job and how exciting it can be, however, I always miss my babies and the daily routine.  Pre-school attitudes, poopy diapers - the whole enchilada.  I miss it all when I'm away.

Shout out to Rod for becoming such an excellent Mr. Mom over the years!

While I was away, Rod & the girls had quite a big time.  Our church is undergoing the daunting process of building a school campus on the church grounds, which means Sophia's class will the very first graduating class to have started in Kindergarten at the new school and have made their way thru to the 12th grade.  There has been years of fundraising and we're finally starting to see the fruits of labor (hooray!).  Saturday brought a fun groundbreaking ceremony, which allowed Sophia a fun opportunity to be with the big kahunas (since my dad is one of the parish council leaders) and literally "dig in" breaking ground on her new school:

Sophia gets an A+ for effort on her new school's groundbreaking!
(July '11)

Summer has also kept Sophia busy with MMO every Tues/Thurs, and even has had some weeks devoted to VBS, art camp and now? Tennis camp!  She's w-a-y into it and proudly carries her 21" purple Maria Sharapova racquet while strutting around in her Nike hat & tennis skirt...I've yet to capture this on film, so hang in there, I'll snap a photo soon & post.  She also loved VBS and art camp (painting several pre-school masterpieces!) - but seems to especially dig tennis.  It seems to be her kind of 'racquet'.  Haha. Racquet...get it?  Oh, too much?  Let's move on then...

Here's a few more photos to help make up for the lame pun....enjoy!


Lake Lounger: Camilla giving her new PBKids chair a whirl
(May '11)

Father's Day...I'm feeling how Camilla looks in this photo...huh?
(June '11)

Sophia strutting her newfound pool skills -
watch out Michael Phelps!
(June '11)

Father's Day at Nana & Papa's house
(June '11)

Camilla loving the bongo drum
 (insert Matthew McConaughey joke here)
(June '11)
She could ask for a Ferarri & with this face, who could say no?
(July '11)

Art Camp: Sophia's lovely Flamingo facepainting
(July '11)

Sophia's "Royal Tea Party" in honor of Kate & William!
(April '11)

Frosting away at her birthday "bakery" party...lots of fun!
 (March '11)

My in-laws have been banned from buying loud gifts
 (I kid...sort of)
(March '11)

The girls LOVING their new playhouse that was built in one of the spare
 rooms at Nana & Papa's house
 (Feb. '11)


Nighty Night everyone!
(Jan. '11)

No comments: