Sunday, August 22, 2010

Camilla's Nursery!

I'm so excited that we finally were able to 'finish' Camilla's nursery this past weekend! I was a busy nesting mama on Friday night as I washed up her bedding and ironed it in preparation for it going on the bed on Saturday. Saturday afternoon Storkland came and delivered Camilla's furniture - dressers, nightstands, crib & mattress! The delivery guys were super nice and worked so quickly and carefully. I was so excited. Rod and I had luckily gotten the morning to run last minute errands, etc. as Sophia got to spend the day at Nana & Papa's house (thanks!). We even got to enjoy a lunch out together - how nice it was to enjoy an adult conversation and uneventful meal! Once the furniture arrived and was in place, we un-rolled her rug and vacuumed it out, then began putting all Camilla's bedding on the crib - I am so in love with her nursery that it's by far the most calm room in the house. It's so serene and perfect. Just before Camilla arrives, we'll moving the rocking chair from Sophia's room to Camilla's - we'll have to move Sophia's nightly storytime to either the living room or her bed...as I'll need the rocking chair for Camilla's feedings and, well, rocking. We've yet to hang anything on the walls, but I'll be working on that the next few weeks - trying to determine what I'll want to put above the long dresser & changing area (we bought the matching mirror, but will wait to put that on once we're not utilizing the area as a changing area). Not positive what I want to put above the crib, but will be working on a painted name door hanger (like Sophia's) soon.

Today was spent getting groceries in the early a.m. with Sophia, making chocolate chip muffins with Sophia, and doing load after load of baby laundry. Thank goodness I had packed all of Sophia's things away so neatly and organized - it made pulling it all out a fun/pleasant process. It was fun to reminisce on when Sophia wore those little outfits or the funny stories that accompanied some - and even sweeter to think about what was in store for Camilla! I feel like I smell like Dreft detergent and Sophia likes pouring it into the washer from the 'pink cap'....of course. She was a diligent little helper today and I sure hope that little helper-trait sticks with her in the next few months/years!!

As promised, here are some photos of the 'finished' product of Camilla's sweet nursery....my home now feels complete with that 3rd bedroom finished for a child (not just a catch-all guest room)!

It's absolutely perfection (to Mommy!)


Ta-Da! I'm so in love!

Can't wait to see Camilla in here!


Sweet Dreams Camilla!

Aside from the hub-bub of stocking up Camilla's room (& now drawers & closet!), Rod snapped these funnies of Sophia on Friday night being silly with his shoes:


Funny girl


You want a smile? I'll give you one!


Typical toddler, right?



Saturday night did bring us a fun family night out as we helped co-host a baby shower for our friends Brendan & Monica (Sophia's Godparents) and their new baby boy, Evan (our Godson!)! Big sister, Ava, and Sophia had fun giggling, playing, coloring and dancing together - fun was had by all as we showered them with love, diapers, wipes and well wishes! Evan has a CUTE airplane themed nursery and I promised Monica I'd paint something special for his room just as I had for Ava. I decided after seeing his nursery that one thing was missing for a growing boy....a growth chart! So I got busy painting Evan one! Here's how it turned out:



Grow, baby, Grow!

No comments: