Monday, January 26, 2009

Rod, sweet, Rod


I have been tagged by Margaret to answer a few questions about my husband. So, this might be amusing...

1.What is his name? Rodrigo Alberto Lopez (aka Big Al, Rod or Rigo)

2. Who eats more? Rod is officially the bottomless pit...his New Year's resolution was to quit "grazing" all day!

3. Who said, "I love you" first? I think I did? That was looong time ago!

4. Who is taller? He is...but back in the 7th, 8th & 9th grade I was....ha!

We lost #5 somewhere.

6. Who is more sensitive? Me for sure...you can look at me the 'wrong' way & I'll burst into tears! However, sometimes something will get under his skin & he won't say anything until he's ready to explode...at that point, just stand back. Waaayy back.

7. Who does the laundry? Generally speaking, I'll do it. However, he's great at getting it all started for me...he despises ironing, so sometimes we tag-team it & he'll sort & load while I hack away at the ironing.

8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me...& I've decided that after a few really cold nights lately, that drafty window has GOT to be dealt with!

9. Who pays the bills? Rod the bankerman...whew! I've decided I'm just too cute for math!

10. Who cooks more? Rod is definitely the Iron Chef around here & I'm the Sous Chef...he loves finding & trying out new recipes...that's a real treat for me!

11. Who is more stubborn? I think it's safe to say he is...& boy he can sure hold onto a grudge! However, in the 5years we've been together, he's come a long way!

12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? I'm a 'forgive-and-forget-it' type of gal...he tends to want to dwell on it. I despise & loathe any sort of argument or fight, so I'm more anxious to swallow my pride & end the silly thing.

13. Who has more siblings? Rod does...he's the oldest of 3. I'm the baby of 2.

14. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Physically he does, but I'd like to think this hen rules the roost!

15. What do you like to do together? Cook & travel...oh & most importantly...EAT!

16. Who eats more sweets? Guilty as charged! He has never liked sweets, even as a kid. Guess that means more for this mama!

17. Guilty Pleasures? Grazing! Oh,& of course napping!

18. How did you meet? In the 7th grade at St. Bede here in Montgomery. We were always really good friends & ran with the same group of friends for several years...to this day that 'group' has remained in-tact & in-touch. They are all still a bit shocked that the two of us were the ones to get married & start a family!

19. Who asked whom out first? Rod asked me...then came to pick me up in his Mom's mercedes....pimp.

20. Who kissed who first? He kissed me...so sneaky!

21. Who proposed? He did at Emeril's in Atlanta...he had them bring it to me with my dessert (a chocolate martini!) on a silver platter...it was very sweet...oh, the proposal was too!

22. His best features and qualities? He's very much in tune with being family-oriented, is very meticulous with finances, HILARIOUS & is always wanting to make sure you are happy...no matter who you are. He loves to crack others up too...he's a very good comedian!

23. Tag you’re it. Who do you tag? Hmm...Jessica Azar!

1 comment:

The Crimi's said...

HeHe...You guy's are too cute!! I LOVE it!!