Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where's the champagne!?

Wow, can you believe this is 2 posts in 2 days?! Well, it's only because I'm so behind in posting 'recent' events...ha! Thought I'd share some great photos of Rod & I's big New Year's Eve. We spent it with all our favorite friends...well almost all of them...some had made previous plans & some had to work (we missed you Darren!). Poor Margaret was ringing in the new year at home as her hubby was busy working his magic as a fireman on duty over at the Norman Bridge Rd station...perhaps next year, there'll be a rookie who will have to take that shift so that Darren can ring in the new year with his wife! Way to hang in there Margaret!

NYE08 was a fun one for those of us who made plans to party at the Renaissance downtown...it was a perfect evening for drinks, dancing, food, more drinks & more dancing! Us girls had an absolute ball right from the get-go dancing our socks (or heels?) off on the dance floor. Music was by the band The Spicoli's which played a great blend of late '80's & early 90's rock...we were loving it! The best part is that all of us had gotten rooms there at the Renaissance so we didn't have to hassel with cabs or anyone being stupid & driving home. Whew. We did feel a bit silly staying in a hotel in the same city we lived in, but it sure beat spending the night in the drunk tank down at the MPD! It's always better to be safe than sorry...none of us really felt like having our first snapshot of the new year being a mugshot for drunk driving. Never too flattering I'm sure! The rooms were really nice & I decided that the little sample shampoos, etc that they have were my favorite (lather.com)...my pick was the peppermint shampoo! Anyhow, i digress...We danced & drank late into the night just waiting for midnight to strike & 2008 to roll on out. However, the tickets & all the marketing for the event had promised a 'complimentary champagne toast at midnight'....so, Katy & I had made our way to the bar area prior to midnight to go ahead & get in line for our champagne. All of the the sudden we both heard "THREE! TWO! ONE! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" & we both were wondering how in the world we missed the bigger countdown! Even though I didn't get a midnight kiss from Rod, I was so happy to ring in the new year with one of my favorite people in the entire world! And, we never even got champagne!! We all came to the conclusion that someone on the committee must've dropped the ball on that one...oh well! Around 1am as the party wrapped up, we all decided our feet hurt & that going up to hang out on our hallway of rooms would be just as fun. So we all went up there with the intent of changing into our PJ's & ordering some pizza. Well, somehow, on the way up some of decided we were way past the ability to stay up any longer & the other half decided that the night was still young! So the other half ventured across the street to the fated Sous La Terre!! Turns out that they all stayed out until about 5am...ugh, I just don't have that in me anymore! I waved bye-bye to those days when I was 22!

Anyhow, enjoy the photos....it was a great time & we can't wait for NYE09!


1 comment:

The Crimi's said...

Thanks for the kind words,Jules! I hate Darren and I missed the NYE festivities...I know we would have had a blast with you guys as usual!! Love the pics!!