Tuesday, April 13, 2010

12 weeks & it's now a Lime!



Yesterday, I thankfully made to the 12week mark...I don't care to count how many weeks that leaves me to go! However, I'm feeling good & as usual I received my babycenter.com weekly email update on what the baby's growth & development look like this week. Each week they equate the size of your growing baby to something familiar....this week Baby Lopez is the size of a large lime - hooray!












12 weeks & Baby Lopez is the size of a Lime!


Some important things with Baby L's development this week is that he/she will be able to open & close their hands, wiggle their fingers, toes will curl, eye muscles will clench & their mouth will even begin to make sucking movements! Every week is so fun to read about - it's always such a miracle to think what is going on inside my body - this week they say that if I prod my abdomen area, the baby will like respond with their newfound reflexes...although I'm most unlikely to feel anything. With that said, I have felt a few flutters that I'm convinced are the baby (& not gas), and since it's my second baby, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Hooray! Here's what Baby L looks like inside mommy this week:


12 weeks - What Mommy & Baby L look like

If only I could have ultrasounds done each week to see what Baby L looks like development-wise, it'd be so much fun. However, I'll have to settle for gazing at our last u/s photos from my 10wk appt (which I need to get scanned & uploaded here). I'm so anxious for the day when we find out the baby's sex - right now it's all so 'generic'...and sometimes hard to 'bond' with the baby. Knowing if it's a girl or boy & then being able to call it by name will make a huge difference. Don't get me wrong, it's all very special right now, but I don't find it endearing to call my child an 'it'. Sigh. Thank goodness for modern science!!

My appetite is quickly growing -but am trying to keep that beast under control. I did splurge the other day at the grocery store & bought a bag of Granny Smith apples. I think in the past 48hrs I've devoured at least 8. Oops. Just can't get enough of them! They make great snacks, & they are some 'effort' to eat, so I feel satisfied post-snack. I also was dying for a big fat turkey sandwich like I had had at Subway last week. I'm talking I made that sucker on 12-grain bread dressed with mayo, fresh romaine lettuce, roma tomato slices, banana peppers, pickles & of course, turkey. It was so ridiculously good yesterday at lunch, it was all I could think about the remainder of the day!


8th Wonder of the World - my turkey sandwich!

Last night we ate at Lopez's house and had Patricia's delicious home-made meatloaf (SO not the typical gag-reflex meatloaf that has given this tasty dish a bad rap...hers is EXCELLENT!), eggplant with tomatoes, squash or zucchini (can't remember), cauliflower with oil/vinegar and I added a salad to mine. I was craving the ginger dressing that is served at the Japanese steakhouses & Lopez's found a yummy bottled version at Publix in the refrigerated salad section - hello divinity!!



Makoto Ginger Dressing at Publix = YUM!


I'm thinking we will be investing in some like...now!

No comments: