Sunday, April 11, 2010

Caffeine, Please!

Good Morning - or I'm hoping it will be. Pregnancy insomnia has kicked in these days & misery usually ensues. This morning I was up at 3:30am & couldn't fall back asleep until 6:30. Ugh. Thankfully, iPhone came to the rescue & I read up on the gossip news via omg.com, Fox News, Facebook & Twitter. I woke up to Rod & Sophia back our bed (as Rod spent the night on Sophia's floor to keep her company)...TV on, and Sophia playing with my hair. I really could've used my own personal Starbucks barista whipping up a fabulous peppermint mocha in my kitchen, but had to settle for my own handiwork instead. Really wanted my usual reduced fat turkey bacon-swiss-egg white breakfast sandwich too, but laziness won out & I ate Frosted Flakes. Nice, I know.

We've had a pretty fun weekend so far...Friday evening Sophia was treated to dinner at Chappy's with Mommy & Daddy (usually it's Papa & Nana), followed by playing at the park & a trip to DQ's drive-thru. Yum. Saturday morning brought at visit from our neighbor, Lee. Lee & Daddy went together to tackle some pressure-washing at Lopez's house & were gone all day (but earned some great moolah!). Mommy & Sophia made a shopping date with Nana to get out of the house - we ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A, followed by a trip to Motherhood Maternity & Old Navy. Found some cute cropped pants, shorts & shirt at Motherhood, but I'm not quite ready for the rest of it - I love being petite, but sometimes it can work against you! We then mosied over to the zoo, oh um, excuse me...I mean Old Navy. I found some GREAT buys over there! Some cute, cute, CUTE tanks (longer in the body to cover my baby bump), but still fit me perfectly elsewhere...only for $12.50 each! Cute embellishments on the collar/neckline area - love 'em! It was now late in the afternoon & all 3 of us were fading...so Nana dropped us off at home for naps - whew, we needed those!


Old Navy embellished tanks - $12.50 ea!


Once Daddy got home, we all went to the Eastdale mall to eat in the food court & ride the carousel - if I didn't have a child, you'd NEVER catch me in that mall - it's so trashy! My anxiety levels go sky high as soon as I walk in - the people in there completely creep me out....is it just me?? I simply couldn't get out of there fast enough! We then headed back to Motherhood, with pre-pregnancy jeans in hand...I wanted to try the tummy sleeve to see if it'd be worth the $17 investment. Hello 8th wonder of the world!! Why didn't I invent that thing!? Pure genius. I've got a big enough bump to be out of my pre-pregnancy clothes, but still too small to be in maternity gear. This tummy sleeve is meant to wear over your jeans around the button area to prolong the life of wearing your pre-preggie clothes....hooray! Can't wait to try it out this week at work with some of my pants!! Mommy 1, fatty maternity clothes 0!!


Tummy Sleeve (no this isn't me!)


Thankfully, I'm still sticking to my daily workout regimen of spinning approx 30mins & doing weights...I feel SO much better afterwords. It completely beats my fatigue & gives me a jumpstart to make it thru the long afternoons. Although I do fall victim to cravings, at least I'm willing to put in the sweat to burn it off.

Sophia's latest is that her crib was finally transformed into a toddler bed! The front crib rail was removed & the toddler rail was put up - she LOVES this new 'big girl' bed. Luckily, the past few nights she has stayed in it all night. She loves waking up in the a.m. & opening up our bedroom door to say 'good morning'! I'm relishing every minute of it - it's a slight feeling of freedom....that is until we start all over again with the baby in October! Sophia's growing like a weed & is just so darn smart these days - being witty in her own way, saying big words like 'telescope' & more. I'm floored by something every single day.

I suppose I should upload a few cute photos of the Easter Egg hunt last Saturday at Wynlakes too... Sophia was joined by her bff, Ava for the fun afternoon. The girls pulled in major loot.

Sophia prepped & ready!


Sophia & Ava race to the eggs!

Ava! Get THIS one!


Contemplating the finer things in life...


Conquering the inflatable obstacle course

Well, I should wrap this up & get to the grocery store...and I'm totally NOT showering before I go -it's a strictly ballcap & sweats sort of trip. Hooray!

No comments: