Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Personal Shopper

Last Sunday, Rod & I took Sophia to Storkland to find her Christmas dress & some dress shoes. We found a beautiful dress, matching dress shoes & a real-live shopping cart. Yes, you read that correctly. A flipping shopping cart. Rod couldn't resist when Sophia ran over to it & immediately started 'shopping' - she proceeding to find a baby doll & put her in the seat, then go around putting 'groceries' in it. I admit, it was pretty funny. However, I was trying to be the 'responsible' parent in trying to get the task of finding dress shoes that fit done. Rod was convinced we'd have to get the cart & I fought him on it as I thought it was silly to pay ____ (it's more than I care to share/admit!) well, let's just say it cost more than $20. So I continued to put up a fight claiming that we only needed to purchase what we actually went there for. I lost. Luckily, we still had to go to Publix to get some groceries...so, we were able to put Sophia to work in the grocery store - HA! We gave her a fake grocery list (as she's all about mimicking Mommy these days)...& voila! We had our personal shopper....everyone in Publix was killing themselves laughing - including us. Sophia felt like such a big girl!





1 comment:

kristen dickson said...

OMG I totally laughed out loud at this one. So funny & cute. I am so glad that you keep all of us updated, I know it probably seems like a lot of work but I love knowing what the Lopezes are up to (I have to admit, Sophia is the star of the family :))